Corporate Social Responsibility
Wilkens c.s. is conscious of the need for taking social responsibility as a company. In order to put this into practice we have developed a clear policy concerning sustainable business practice. By clearly communicating this policy we ensure that corporate social responsibility is practiced at every level of the company.
Listed below are the rules and values that apply within our company.
In the office:
- Printing is kept to an absolute minimum. Documentation is stored digitally wherever possible.
- All paper used carries the FSC trademark.
- Waste paper is collected in blue containers for recycling.
- We only use china cups and glasses, not disposables.
- Printer cartridges are collected for recycling by a specialised company.
- All lights, computers and printers are switched off at night. Blinds are closed (to keep heat in in winter and keep heat out in summer).
- Chemical waste (batteries, light bulbs) is collected separately for recycling.
The choice of office location was influenced by:
- Proximity to train station;
- Proximity to bus stops;
- Access by bicycle (plus bicycle parking);
- Easy access to motorways;
- Safety en route and in the surrounding area (including lighting);
- Green surroundings (trees, parks, canals, open view).
Regarding mobility, account was taken of:
- Restricting the number of cars needed;
- Using modern cars with energy efficient engines;
- Making use of alternatives (including contract with hire car company);
- Employing staff locally wherever possible.
We pay attention to the following personnel aspects:
- We regularly discuss staff members’ satisfaction with their work.
- We offer training and education.
- We invest time and resources in social activities such as lunches, dinners and after-work drinks.
- We aim for a wide diversity of personnel.